Thursday, November 10, 2011

A HIT!!

Friday. November 4th.   Decided to fish at Rockcliff Spring bridge area again (again).  Was first on the river.  Decided to start with the float fishing first.  I have brought some live minnows but no action whatsoever.  Switched to fly rod.  Kept trying  different flies.  I did not have many egg patterns except some crystal meth which I know don't work in clear water.  Nothing.  Then I've switch to this one called Eggi Juan Kenobi and after a couple of casts got a hit and a hook up.  I could see the fish about 3 feet from me.  I could see it twitch and roll couple of times and then it broke off.  I got so excited.  I guess I'm finally going  in the right direction.  I guess I did not set the hook right, and the fly was kinda small (size 14).  I had to leave shortly after this.  I will get me a whole bunch of these fly patterns in bigger sizes for next week.  Hopefully weather will cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment