Friday, February 10, 2012

BEST ONE YET.

On Wednesday I have decided to take a quick trip to the river.  I wanted to check out the low flow conditions.  I was still a little sore emotionally from uneventful weekend trip (just one hook up, none landed).  Got at the river at 5 PM.  Nobody around.  All quiet.  This time I have switched from 8lb test line to 6lb test line and switched the float to a small 4 gram clear Redwing float.  Started casting with a small white jig.  I've had one hook after about 15 minutes but the fish turned and got free.  Started with a different smaller yellow jig.  No action.  Then tried a white tube jig.  Got a few hits on it but no hook up.  I've started loosing light quickly.  Then decided to switch to a chartreuse 1/16oz jig that I've bought the day before for a dollar for 10 pack (funny).  Got a hit immediately and a beautiful hook up.  The fish was hooked solid.  I have landed a nice 25 inch buck at 5:58 PM.  Released it and started casting again on the other side of the hole.  I've got a hit and a hook up on the second cast. A beautiful female just short of 30 inches.  My first female Steelhead of the season.  I was so excited.  AWESOME DAY my best one so far! Good luck mates.  I knowit has been a


No comments:

Post a Comment