Friday, February 3, 2012

QUICK TRIP

Amazing.  A quick trip to the Rocky last week.  I just had just about an hour so I've decided to take a look at the river and snap a few pictures.  I took a spare short rod with me just to get it wet.  The flow was about 550 cf and water was higher and muddy.   Arrived at the Cedar Point Rd. area and found only one guy fishing.  He seemed to be done with one area and moving to another and asked if I could taker over his spot.  He agreed.  I have only taken a couple of tube jigs with me just to satisfy my urge to get the line wet.  I went with a white tube jig and got a hit with the second cast.  A shy bite took the float slowly under the water and I've decide to set the hook.  I've hooked a nice little skipper about 18 inches and landed it quickly.  The guy that left the spot just a few minutes ago was a little surprised.  He just fished it thoroughly with spawn sacs with no results.   I was very excited because I did not have any expectation of catching anything that day.  Amazing that you spend an entire day fishing with no results and sometimes all it takes is  a couple of casts.

No comments:

Post a Comment